Snow Day
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's time to hop on the computer and start posting! Ultimate after school place to hang, and even better on a SNOW DAY!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Ultimate FAQ (of moderation) UPDATED 3/30

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Argie
Ha ha I get a personalized rank and you don't!!!
Argie

Number of posts : 479
Infractions : I dunno.
Super-Star Points : 2147483647
Registration date : 2008-03-28

The Ultimate FAQ (of moderation) UPDATED 3/30 Empty
PostSubject: The Ultimate FAQ (of moderation) UPDATED 3/30   The Ultimate FAQ (of moderation) UPDATED 3/30 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 1:20 pm

*Some nice questions and answers that aren't in the pre-made FAQ on this forum- about moderators and administrators, how to gain the position*

Q. How do I become a moderator?
A. An administrator will add a moderator to the list of moderators if they feel we need more. Some qualities that will give you more of a chance of becoming a moderator are:
1. Not many infractions
2. Active
3. Friendly
4. Knowing your way around the forums and knowing the people on here pretty well.
5. Responsible

Q. How do I become an administrator?
A. You will only become an administrator if you help make this forum or site. Anything close to that, really.

Q. How do I become a moderator of the chatbox?
A. If you are a moderator of the forum you will be a moderator of the chatbox, also. If you want to be a moderator of the chatbox without being a moderator of the forum you will have to be on there and talking on there a LOT because we don't make people mods if they don't care about what they're moderating.

Q. What is the difference between the Head Moderator and the Moderators?
A. The Head Moderator has the power to moderate the Staff forums with the administrators. The moderators can not. Possibly soon we will be making the head moderators also have the ability to add new moderators or take the power from old ones.

Q. If I do become a mod, how will I get notified?
A. Before becoming a mod, you will get a PM asking if you accept or not. If you accept, the administrator who notified you will add you to the moderator list the next time they go on. However, please note that not all people who are asked if they want to moderate are accepted as moderator.

Q. Do you notify me if I am going to become head moderator?
A. No, unless you were not already a moderator.

Q. How to I resign from the spot?
A. Just tell us in the staff forum

Q. Is there a head admin, also?
A. Yes, I (Argie) am the head admin because I created this site. There are no other admins so far, anyway.

Q. What about trainee moderators?
A. There are none, but we may add you as a moderator in only a couple of forums for a while to train you.

Q. So, if you add us to a couple of forums while you train us, do we get notified about it?
A. Yes, exept you will not be asked whether or not you want to.

Q. Do we get special ranks as moderators?
A. Yes. And special colors.

Q. What if we are "being trained"?
A. You will not get a special color but you will get a special rank

Q. Do moderators get custom ranks?
A. No but they can put something custom where their infraction amount would be.

Q. Can "trainees" get custom ranks?
A. No, because they do not have the ability over banning or infractions, just certain forums

Q. Can admins get custom ranks?
A. If they want to go and make one.

Q. When do you choose moderators?
A. When this forum gets 20 users, and then more at 50, and more at 100, so on... some acceptions will be made

Q. Do star users get more of a chance of being moderators?
A. We give them the rank because they deserve it. They are mature, kind, helpful, and active. This can lead to moderation, but not always.

Q. I WANNA BE A MOD REAL BAD OMG!!!!
A. If you're good I'll make you one, you're lucky if you didn't already ask that.

Q. Can mods ban?
A. Yes

Q. trainees?
A. NO

Q Can trainees give infractions like moderators?
A. No

Q. What do star users get other than a rank?
A. Nothing. No, not even a colored usename! Just a rank to make them feel proud. And a good check on their permanent record (yes there actually is one in their profile...)

Q. I WANNA BE A STAR USERS
A. YOU WANNA BE A LOT I'M SURE BUT YOU CAN ONLY BE A LOT IF YOU DO A LOT

Q. What are pioneers?
A. People who joined before I officially released the site to the public.

Q. Can I make graphics and get power as a moderator?
A. No, but we might give you access to the staff forum if we ever make graphics designing official. Unfortunatly this will cause a lot of back seat moderating. :(

Q. What is the Star User?
A. That is the user we feel has been most active and helpful the past week. It changes every Sunday. It is just a rank, nothing more.

Q. Can the star user be a mod or admin?
A. No!

Q. Can they be a user you are "training"?
A. No

Q. Why isn't this in the FAQ with the link on the top of this page?
A. Because I didn't feel like doing that. Some people don't know that it's in there, so that's why.

Q. Can we ask questions in this thread if we are confused?
A. Yes, that is why it is unlocked. I will probably add it to this post if it is a good question.

EDIT: yes, asked questions that are good can be added but this topic is no longer unlocked

Have fun!

Last edited by Argie on Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://snowday.niceboards.net
Argie
Ha ha I get a personalized rank and you don't!!!
Argie

Number of posts : 479
Infractions : I dunno.
Super-Star Points : 2147483647
Registration date : 2008-03-28

The Ultimate FAQ (of moderation) UPDATED 3/30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate FAQ (of moderation) UPDATED 3/30   The Ultimate FAQ (of moderation) UPDATED 3/30 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 7:22 pm

updated
Back to top Go down
http://snowday.niceboards.net

The Ultimate FAQ (of moderation) UPDATED 3/30
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Snow Day :: Rules of the Slopes :: Feedback and Questions-
Jump to: